Spending time outdoors in the summer will test the adhesives that hold your ostomy, wound dressings, tubes, and constant glucose monitoring devices. Increased activity and higher temperatures will create sweat, and that moisture can cause some adhesives to fail. Waterproof tapes can often times be overly aggressive and hurt the skin during removal. Hy-Tape is the premier latex free, waterproof tape that actually has zinc oxide in the adhesive to keep skin healthy and sooth already irritated skin. Hy-Tape is also rated UPF50+. That is the highest available rating for protecting skin from the damaging UV sun rays that can burn skin and darken scars.
We have collected some articles and resources to help you navigate through the hot weather without compromise.
Scar Protection Outdoors
- A Summer with Wounds and Scars Can Still Be Fun
- Minimizing & Protecting Your Melanoma Scar from the Sun
- A Moms Review After Her Daughters Life Changing Surgery
- Reducing Your Risk of Developing a Basal Cell Carcinoma Scar
- Scar Protection and the Outdoors
- Brachioplasty – Minimize Arm Lift Scars
- Minimizing Scars of Every Type
- Minimizing Breast Reduction Surgery Scars
- Skin Cancer, Mohs Surgery & Scars
Swimming, Bathing, and Waterproofing
- Waterproofing Your Wound Dressing for Swimming
- Swimming and Staying Active with an Ostomy
- Wounds & Exercise – The Healing Benefits of Activity
- Securing and Waterproofing Your Child’s Feeding Tube
- I tested Hy-Tape on my Kids During a Heat Wave
- Securing & Waterproofing for Summer Splashes – A Mom’s Testimonial
Watch this video testimonial one of our customers sent WHILE SURFING!
If you would like to try Hy-Tape for yourself click here to obtain a sample or purchase Hy-Tape today so you can soak up the sun.